Trending Australian Destinations with Airbnb Locations
Are you taking your much-needed break in Australia? Perhaps you have a business meeting or a gathering to attend. These events call for a comfortable place to stay while in the country.
Not to worry, because there are plenty of destinations waiting for you. Best of all, you can enjoy your stay without worrying about accommodation.
Airbnb is big in Australia. You could rent a hotel or even an apartment but nothing beats staying in an Airbnb property.
When you are an Airbnb guest, you will get the whole house or unit for yourself. You have more space than when you rent a place the traditional way. Even better, you do not need to pay a high price to get this additional space.
Hottest Tourist Destinations in Australia Right Now
If you are planning to spend a few quality days in Australia, why not stay in an Airbnb property? The good news is that you can be picky when it comes to your destination. There are so many places where you can find Airbnb in the country.
If you are a homeowner and have decided to join the Airbnb industry, your main concern is to find a city or area that offers the most cash for your property. However, as a guest, your target is to have a memorable and hassle-free holiday.
There is no better way to achieve it than to be in an area with the best tourist hotspots in the country. Here are your top choices:
Sydney is one of the most popular cities in Australia. It is why there is no doubt that it remains one of the top tourist destinations with several short-term rental properties, including Airbnb.
Several hotspots surround Sydney, including the Blue Mountains, which is about two hours away from Sydney. It is intriguing, especially for those who want to witness sandstone cliffs, waterfalls, and canyons at least once in their life.
The Jenolan Caves are also along the way if you plan to visit the Blue Mountains. Aside from these locations, you would not want to miss the following as well:
- The iconic Sydney Harbour that offers cruises with views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge
- Royal Botanic Gardens for those looking for a quiet picnic with their loved ones
- Mrs Macquarie’s Chair, which is a chair made from a rock ledge
- The Rocks, which you can find in the city centre with famous restaurants, markets, and cafes
- Taronga Zoo with animals to see and the harbour as the backdrop
If you happen to be in the city during the Vivid Sydney Festival, you can enjoy several days (23 in total) of art, light, music, technology, and commerce.
When it comes to Airbnb, Randwick, a suburb in the city is a growing suburb that has attracted a lot of tourists because of its proximity to the beach. Other places in Sydney with many Airbnb properties that you can look into are Redfern, Leichardt, Surry Hills, and Coogee.
Some would argue that Melbourne is the greatest city in the world. Perhaps you may not agree with it, but it surely has captured the hearts of travellers from across the globe. In fact, Victoria has a 4.3% year-on-year increase with visitors reaching 3.1 million this 2019.
Visitors have spent 8.6 billion, which is more than a 7% increase from the past year. Accommodation have increased over 6% as well, with tourists spending almost $73 million.
Melbourne has the biggest share since it is the capital. Also, it has plenty of destinations and activities to offer. It may not even be surprising that it has outperformed the other capital cities on international spend with a 7% increase this year.
As one of the most liveable cities in the world, Melbourne will surely live up to your expectations. Here are the reasons why you may want to consider this area when booking an Airbnb property:
- The city has one of the best gourmet food scenes in the country. It has coffee, sweets, pastries, wine, chocolates, and many types of gourmet food you can think of. Get to know its offerings in Melbourne’s Little Italy in Lygon Street.
- Shoppers will rejoice when they visit the city. It has several bargain stores in the inner city outlets. Designer brands are even scattered all over the area, especially in Bridge Road, Smith Street (Collingwood), and Richmond.
- If you are a sports fan, Melbourne will not disappoint. The city has world-class venues for different events, including the AFL, Rugby League, cricket, and tennis. Some of these places are the MCG, AAMI Park, Hisense Arena, and the Etihad Stadium, and many more.
- Laneways are among the top attractions in the city and have become culturally important as well. You will find featured artworks from elusive and local artists. Look for the amazing street art in areas like Flinders Court, Centre Place, Hosier Lane, and Union Lane.
Melbourne may have become more modern but it has stuck to its heritage as it showcases its rich history. It is one of the reasons why this city has gained a lot of Airbnb bookings over the past few years.
With several tourists flocking during spring and summer, it is no wonder Victoria has accumulated 16% of Airbnb bookings in the country. It is the highest percentage out of all places in Australia.
High-end Central Business District properties remain the most sought-after. Guests look for facilities, including lounge, gum, and pool. The inner suburbs in the city are among the top performers because they often have a nice, quiet location. Some areas include Northcote, Brighton, Brunswick, and Albert Park.
A study in 2018 showed that Brisbane will grow faster than other cities in the world in less than 10 years.
There are plenty of reasons why Brisbane is booming recently. It has great weather with an average of 21 degrees Celsius in winter. It also takes pride in its three sand islands, two beach destinations, a $158 million cruise ship terminal, and tourist hotspots.
If you have not decided where to spend your holiday, you may want to consider booking an Airbnb property in this big country town for the following reasons:
- If you are a foodie, you will find world-class restaurants in Brisbane, along with wineries and craft breweries.
- For those who love an outdoor experience, there trails for hiking or cycling, including all the way to the summit of Mount Coot-tha.
- For live music, watch out for events in the River City that also offer sunset kayaking tours.
Compared to other bigger cities, Brisbane has fewer issues with parking. Of course, you may want to avoid the Central Business District but the rest of the city usually has a spot for everyone.
Beaches are also among the top lures near Brisbane with their crystal clear waters. Southbank is also popular, especially amongst families.
For Airbnb properties, look into Paddington, Morningside, and East Brisbane. These places have topped the number of bookings in the city and even performed excellently compared to other areas in Sydney and Melbourne.
Regional Australia Leads Airbnb Locations
Aside from the three cities mentioned, some areas deserve special mention. Airbnb released the list of the top locations of properties in Australia. It is quite surprising that many are not a part of big cities. Many are from more isolated towns, such as:
- Wagga Wagga. This destination saw an almost 290% year-on-year increase in the number of bookings.
- Blackheath. This town in New South Wales offers attractions like Evans Lookout with magnificent sights of sandstone cliffs. It saw a 281% increase in bookings.
- Toowoomba. The home of the Cobb+Co Museum, where you can find the national carriage collection.
What the Data Reveals for Hopeful Airbnb Hosts
Airbnb is a short-term letting platform that has changed the way investors and property owners see the rental markets, not just in the big cities but the rest of the world. However, there will always be places that do better than others, which is why it pays to be smart when investing in Airbnb.
If you already have a home that you would like to convert into Airbnb, you may still be interested in expanding your business. Purchasing a new home or an apartment unit requires a good strategy, which involves many aspects. One of the most important factors that affect your decision is the location.
Pick a place with tourist attractions, including beaches, mountains, or even a park. These hotspots are desirable for real estate investing. At the same time, you should also consider the season. It can get tricky to find a place that will not sit empty for several months because of extreme weather conditions, for example.
As much as possible, choose a location with no low season. It will help avoid higher costs for the upkeep of the property. Always take a look at the data and discover where tourists and visitors are all year round. It guarantees that strong demand will be consistent when your Airbnb rental is ready for booking.